Dublin for Kids ?

RedTop

I'm planning on taking a large family of kids aged 8 to 17 to Dublin for 2 days. Hoping to catch some of the Museums close to the Government Buildings. Not interested in the Zoo. Looking for any other recommendations to keep kids entertained and Mum & Dad happy. Unfortunately, I heard the Dinosaur Exhibition in the Ambassador is finished. Ideas ? Thanks

I think the natural history museum is down in collins barracks now, you can get the Luas down to it. The GAA museum. Maybe the Viking splash if its still going.

I think the natural history museum is down in collins barracks now, you can get the Luas down to it. The GAA museum. Maybe the Viking splash if its still going.

The musuem at Collins Barracks is the musuem of decrative arts but has
also has a small part of the Natural history Museum collection in one room. See www.museum.ie for details.

Viking Splash is still going and is a good laugh.

The musuem at Collins Barracks is the musuem of decrative arts but has
also has a small part of the Natural history Museum collection in one room. See www.museum.ie for details.

Viking Splash is still going and is a good laugh.

Was aware of that, but it does hold more than a small amount of the stuff from the natural history museum, as it is closed at the moment.

Check out dublincity.ie (and the other local authority websites if you are going to be out in the 'burbs) for details of any kids events happening over your trip.

If you have a nice day head out to Newbridge House and farm in North County Dublin just off the M1. Fab playground and great for a picnic and long walk around farm.

Handy calendar of free family/kids events around south Dublin available at [broken link removed]

Go to St. Stephen's Green (just around the corner from Government Buildings). Kids will love it, duck pond, play area, may be a band playing at the band stand. Stroll down Grafton Street and enjoy all the street entertainment. Head into Trinity College, lovely walk around the grounds and the kids may enjoy seeing the Book of Kells. Then over to Temple Bar and lots more street entertainment. Enjoy

think that might be Newgrange farm - fab indeed but not really a Dublin experience if you are coming up for that. The Ark - cultural centre for children in Temple Bar - terrific stuff there

Back