Dublin Airport @11am

soy

Any idea on how busy Dublin Airport is on a Friday morning (11am departure) ??

Depending on your airline you might be able to check-in online to avoid one queue at least?

For an 11am departure on a Friday.....allow 2 hours....it is a moveable feast....I have sailed through checkin/security at 0900 and on other Fridays it has been a nightmare....

It isn't a fail-safe way of guesstimating but... between 10.25 and 11.30 am on Friday this week there are 28 flights departing Dublin. Of those
7 Ryanair Boeing 737-800 (with ~180 seats)
5 Aer Lingus Airbus A320 (with 174 seats)
which is about 2000 seats between them

8 transatlantic flights with various carriers but guesstimate a minimum of 300 passengers each giving you another 2500 passengers (probably more)

another 8 flights with 80+ seats apiece so say another 1000 passengers (again probably more.)

so say there are 6000 people who prior to that window have to be processed through checkin and security and for the transatlantic flights through CBP (if you are flying stateside you need to leave sometime for this as it can get quite congested). As a previous poster suggested if you can check in online then the main queue to worry about is security. Getting there by nine you should have no problems. I have found that it can be both a breeze and a pain so it is always best to be on the safe side. Having said that it isn't the worst time to try flying out of Dublin.

totally agree with so-crates - he is a true sage - worst time to fly out is 6-7am slot - total mayhem....

Thanks doogo but it is experience at a cost! :)
Ouch yes. Dublin Airport is definitely at it's least .... inviting at that time of the morning - though at this stage I have that one down to a fine art. For the 6.30 run of flights, time your arrival for 4.40 to 4.45 for Aer Lingus/BMI flights (4.25 for Ryanair) and once checked in head straight for security - it is more stressful than slow really they seem to do their level best to clear people through at that time of the morning., I have done far too many Monday mornings from Dublin and (touch wood) have yet to miss a flight from there (although there was one close call on the way to Birmingham once - totally my fault). Better yet fly around midday! ;)

Last edited:
Back