drying programme for self leveling floor screed

joshea

Can someone please tell me the sequence of steps to follow when drying out a liquid self leveling floor screed

I hear it has to be done gradually

Ta

Depends on the compound. There are different types.

The bag will tell you how long to leave it.

It very much depends on the thickness of the liquid screed. I put in 75mm and the contractor advised that it would take up to 30 days to dry out fully. That was in winter conditions though, Im sure it would dry out a little faster at this time of the year.

rule of thumb I was given was 1 week per 25mm of thickness, and not to turn on heat (esp if UFH).

Ultimately, you check moisture content, then, with a moisture meter.

Hi Galwaytt, there is a very detailed technical data sheet on Hanlon Concrete's website where they cover drying times etc. For example:
"protect the surface of the screed from water ingress, direct sunlight and severe draughts. After 48 hours, windows should be opened to allow drying. Dehumidifiers can be turned on to force dry the screed after 5 days. dry at 1mm/day up to 40mm thickness. This increases for screeds of thicker depths and in poor drying conditions.

The two page Floor Screed data sheet can be read here http://hanlonconcrete.ie/downloads/UltrafloDataSheet.pdf

Hope this is of some help. Happy Drying :)

Back