drumcondra flooding?

speirbhean

Hello all, myself and the speirfear are thinking of buying a house in Drumcondra. It's the dream location and we love everything about it EXCEPT there was some flooding there in the recent past. Locals inform us that the Tolka flood works are well underway and that the situation is under control - but I'm still worried. Does anyone have any advice?
thanks a mill
S

It depends on where you want to buy in Drumcondra...What part/location are you looking at, that is near the Tolka river. I know areas behind Millmount avenue that do not flood at all because of higher ground

Talk to some home insurance companies and see do they have any weighting for flooding in the area.

Locals inform us that the Tolka flood works are well underway and that the situation is under control - but I'm still worried. Does anyone have any advice?
thanks a mill
S

Don't take Berties word for it....seek indpendent advice on this :rolleyes:

It all depends where it is. We bought a house that was flooded and lived in it for 3 years. We loved the location but at the back of you mind you always have the worry that it would happen again. We were obsessed with the forecast and really worried when we went on holidays. Pm me the area of the house and I can let you know if that area was badly flooded.

Back