Driving Summons - Whats likely to happen?

C

colly10

Hi, I was pulled nearly a year ago for not having tax. I was asked to produce licence, insurance and NCT within 10 days I didn't. I got a summons. I have the following -
Proof I was insured at the time
Proof I was NCT'd at the time
My licence was expired
I got a summonses for not producing the 3
I also got summonses for not having the 3 (I had and still have evidence of all but licence)
Summons for no disc (tax in window expired)
I was just wondering if any of you know what kind of a fine I will be facing and how likely I am to get banned. Thanks for your help

You have to the 3 documents to them. Then you wont be banned. May be a penalty fee is waiting for you.

Fine for the tax you have to pay. But i dont think so you can be banned.
As soon as possible try to contact them and show your NCT, License and insurance documents. Otherwise it will more bad.

The court date is already set and I have received a summons for all of these things already so speaking to the Gards will not help, bringing documents to them now cannot stop being brought to trial for those things. I will have the proof I was insured and NCT'd at the time with me and will try get proof I back taxed. I will be stuck with the driving without a licence though and failure to produce any document within 10 days

Would your insurance not be null and void because you didn't have a current licence?

No, the small print on my insurance form states that I must either hold a valid licence or have held a valid licence

On the date of the court there will be a list on the wall for each court. Find your name and then the guards name and find the guard before the court begins. show the guards the documents before the court and more often than not the summons will be struck out. Worse case scenario ya will get €100 fine for no tax but is not a conviction and ya wont be banned or recieve points

From the OP's post I thought that the OP was driving without a driver's licence. If that is the case the summons won't be struck out. I think it is the case that you could have a driving ban imposed. I'm not sure about this and I would advise you to talk the guard and also a solicitor.

I've looked into this a bit more. I'm guessing you didn't renew your driver's licence after it automatically expired 10 years after you initially got it. I think you can be liable to a fine for this. I thought it was a more serious case of driving without a licence first, sorry. I still repeat my advice to talk to the guard and a solicitor though.

I thought it was a more serious case of driving without a licence first, sorry. I still repeat my advice to talk to the guard and a solicitor though.

It is, I had a provisional and it was expired when I was caught. I can't get driving without a licence struck out

Back