Driving Limerick to Dingle

bq67ie

Hi

Will be driving from Limerick to Dingle on a Saturday morning.

According to the AA site, it takes approx. 3 hours. Has anyone actually done that journey? Is the AA estimate reliable?

Seems a long time to be honest - unless you're on the wrong side of Limerick. The AA site alrightish for accuracy - but if anything they underestimate.

I once went from the border counties to Dingle in about 5 hours (and didn't break the speed limit by the way)

Not boasting, but given that, 3 hours seems a lot...

I'll be starting from the Limerick bypass (the Dublin/Killarney road) so shouldn't have any problems there.

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

On second thoughts bq67ie - maybe allow the 3 hours.

If you haven't driven on the roads high up on the Dingle peninsula they can be a bit hairy (narrow/big drops etc)

What I'm saying is do be careful and certainly don't think of 'making up time'...

I'll allow 3.5 and take it easy. Going to a wedding so it probably won't start on time anyway - no need for me to panic.

Thanks again.

I did Limerick to Dingle two weeks ago and AA are accurate - it took me just under 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon. Slight delays at Newcastle West and Abbeyfeale - otherwise clear run.

I did Limerick to Dingle two weeks ago and AA are accurate - it took me just under 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon. Slight delays at Newcastle West and Abbeyfeale - otherwise clear run.

Nice one. Thanks for the info.

if its a Friday evening you could do better by taking the N69 towards Tarbert, into Listowel, Tralee & on. Adare, Newcastle West, Abbeyfeals & Castleisland can all be fairly chocca of a Friday so the slightly longer road should save you time & frustration.

I would agree with Betsy Og, especially on a BH weekend you could add an hour to the 3 hours with delays, go the N69 via Listowel and it should be a clear run. It will still take you the best part of 3 hours.

Back