Driving lessons Nervous Mam

smmb

My mam (52) wants to learn how to drive. She has her provisonal and has been studying the rules of the road etc for a few months. Shes ready to get some lessons. Could anyone recommended an instructor / school on the north side of the city (D5) that would be good for her ? She has absolutely no driving experience at all and its likely she ll want to learn in an automatic. Thanks.

Re: Driving lessons Nervous Mam !

My aunt (54) learnt with Colliers School of Motoring. Can't remember the specific instructor but she was delighted with them. If she explains her problem to the receptionist, she'll be paired with someone sympathetic. They have offices in Raheny and Finglas.

I learnt to drive (a number of years ago) with Airport Driving School. They do pick-ups in D5. Recommended them at the time to a nervous driving friend and she was very pleased with them.

Just don't get the instructor in Colliers who peels oranges during the lesson ! Might be a bit offputting for a nervous learner :D

Can't comment in respect to a nervous driver specifically, but I'd suggest that an extremely good and friendly driving instructor would be the way to go for any learner, nervous or not, regardless of age.

ISM (Irish School of Motoring www.ism.ie) came with some very good comments from friends so I went with them (due to work commitments and an unlucky driving test date re holidays booked I only was able to avail of one lesson prior [one hour prior] to my test, didn't hold out much hope but the instructor was excellent [managed to run through a full test scenario on all the usual routes used and a few pieces of advice outside of test conditions for general driving improvements] and sat into the test feeling confident).

My brother on the other hand learnt to drive entirely through lessons with ISM.

Both passed test first time, both young males (<23), both VERY happy with the service provided (two different instructors: one north Dublin, one west of Ireland) [although, I did have a front right bulb go during the lesson I can hardly blame the instructor for that... they did manage to get the replacement cheaper for me by knowing the guy in the local garage].

The support from the HQ in Dublin is also top notch, my brothers existing lessons were easily transferred into my name and I've been confirmed that their will be no problem at all further transferring the existing lessons to another driver if I wish.

Very good service and excellent instructors I'm sure any driver would feel happy with.

Back