Driving In Orlando and Theme parks

Jay1981

Hello,

I'm going to Orlando in a few week and want to travel to all the theme parks there. I was thinking of renting a car there but not sure how easy driving in Orlando is. Has anyone done it?
Is it easy and safe to get around?
Also are the theme parks spread out?
How did ye get to each one?
How far is Kennedy space center from the city?

hi

we went at peak time (Easter) and were so glad to have a car...the hotel coutesty bus didnt leave til 10am every day...we were at parks at 7.30 every day because of the crowds.

going off peak might be different.

driving was very easy for my husband....the only slight thing we found was that there was not much notice for junction exits...the exit was nearly on top of us before we saw it.

enjoy your trip!

ps - we found tour guide mike very helpful (think he works as a guide in one of the theme parks and has set up this website)....it cost about 20 dollars but had so much info in it. it made our hol especially as we were travelling at peak time.

no, didnt use sat nav.

just a map! In general tho he did find the driving fine and would recommend it.

We did a day trip to the coast and again that was fine. roads are excellent in general.

especially for all those heavy bags after visiting the outlet stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AW YOU JAMMY!!!!!!! Well for you, we were there a year ago and it was incredible, if your a big kid like myself your gonna have a ball. We got a car at the airport from the Alamo, makes it very easy to get around as theme parks are spread out, but only by 2 mins in a car.Buses also service the routes to all theme parks. The place is very safe to get round and very friendly." everyone's Irish"!. Very easy to get around, fantastic roads. We got a bus to Kennedy as it's a bit away, think bout just under an hour, not a whole lot there if i'm to be honest, just nice to see everything in it and say you were there. No need for a sat nav, just grab yourself a little free map at the airport showing you where all the theme parks are and you cannot go wrong, but if you'd fell happier with the sat nav then go ahead. Enjoy the whole thing, i'm green this side. AGH!!!!

Hello,

I'm going to Orlando in a few week and want to travel to all the theme parks there. I was thinking of renting a car there but not sure how easy driving in Orlando is. Has anyone done it?
Is it easy and safe to get around?
Also are the theme parks spread out?
How did ye get to each one?
How far is Kennedy space center from the city?

We are here (in Orlando) at the moment. We always rent a car from Alamo. Would not dream of coming here without car rental. We used to rent the sat nav (about 65-120 dollars per week depending on the time of year) from Alamo but this year I purchased a US/American maps Sat Nav in Ireland and it is brilliant. It is easy driving and all lanes are clearly marked especially at the intersections/junctions where you may otherewise find it a bit daunting.

The theme parks are spread out. What parks are you going to? We always go to the Universal (no small children in our family). The parking fee is USD 14.00 per day but one payment entitles you to any of the universal car parks for that day.

Kennedy Space Center is about 1 1/2 hours from International Drive area.

The weather is fantastic here at the moment. I believe Ireland has floods and as always is cold.

If you need any more info, let me know and I will do my best.

Hi,

Can you tell me if you got your tickets for Walt Disney online or did you buy them over there?

Going tomorrow morning!

Hi,

Can you tell me if you got your tickets for Walt Disney online or did you buy them over there?

Going tomorrow morning!
Disney's very expensive, looks expensive on the price board, then you realise you have to pay tax on top of that, very dear. But hey!, your going that far, right.

Hi,

Going tomorrow morning!

Marley, not sure if this question is for me. We only bought tickets for the Universal Parks : a. Wet & Wild (water park) b.(Seaworld (water animal park with rollercoasters and water rides) c. Islands of Adventure (rollercoasters) d. Universal Studios (speaks for itself) + optional e. Bush Gardens (about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando) Huge rollercoasters and safari animals. We bought our tickets through an english site, i think it was www.attractiontix.co.uk. Disney tickets are extremely expensive but when you weigh up a daily pass as opposed to 14 day multipark pass the 14 day is excellent value.

Note of interest: Seaworld is approx USD 78 per day. If you purchase a day ticket, you have automatic entry for the rest of 2009 FREE. We love seaworld. Shamu (the whale) has a fab show also dolphin shows etc.

Also, don't miss a night at the cinems in CityWalk. It is in the same area as Islands of Adventre and Universal Studios. Enjoy.....weather is fab at the moment but I believe we will have rain (a shower) on Sunday.

Very easy to drive in the States

I found http://www.carhire300.co.uk (www.carhire300.co.uk) to be a very good website.

You can hire a satnav to make it easier!

Hi all. Back from Orlando. It's very easy to drive, I did not need the sat nav very much there. Roads are well marked espically if going to theme parks.
If you don't feel like driving the public busses are great and cheap for getting around. The I ride bus is ideal for short trips.

I would suggest buying a map from [broken link removed] - great map and shows all the attractions, restaurants, accommodations etc.

Back