Driving from Ireland (Wicklow) to Alicante, Spain

I would also bring my insurance certificate. The speed limit on the tolled roads is higher (130km/h). I'm pretty sure I exceeded this but I made sure to stop at one of the rest-stops so no speeding fines for me.

We have driven through France many times and stayed there for a couple of months in 2010 and I have never heard of drivers having to have their own breathalyser or time checks being carried out on tolled motorways. Is this something new and where did you get this info dereko1969?

U can get anything delivered to Spain, even Cars, and its cheaper than actually driving and much much safer than doing a long drive.......................

We have driven through France many times and stayed there for a couple of months in 2010 and I have never heard of drivers having to have their own breathalyser or time checks being carried out on tolled motorways. Is this something new and where did you get this info dereko1969?

This is a new regulation due to come into effect earlier this year but delayed to the 1st July - even motorcyclists should have them.

http://about-france.com/travel.htm

It's worth reading most of that article it explains lots about travel in france.

The average speed cameras are also being introduced.

Warnings for speed cameras are being removed and even your GPS shouldn't be showing you the location of speed camera zones from this year on.

No, however in France you need to have your own breathalyser, I believe the ferries sell them on board. You will also need a hi-vis jacket and a warning triangle.

Also remember on some of the tolled motorways they will check your end to end time and you may be fined for exceeding the speed limit.

You can also add to this list spare light bulbs for your car headlights. It is a requirement to have spare bulbs in the car.

Back