drivers door sensor problem..

kiwifruit

Hi All,

Have a bit of a problem, warning light indicating that the drivers door was open came on today and with it a sound /alarm that you could find in a cockpit falling from the sky! i mean really loud and annoying. door was shut of course. could anyone give me info on who could fix this as im doing alot of travelling on sunday and i couldnt cope with the noise. its a renault scenic and want to steer clear of main dealers. is this an electric problem or if someone could tell me where the sensor is situated as i looked everywhere and tried cleaning all around the door to no avail.
any replies will be greatly recieved and my sanity will be restored.:confused:
cheers

What sort of car kiwi.

On my VW the door switch is actually in the door lock istself.

100 quid part to replace.

update on this..

i got it sorted, i took it to a local garage and he took off the door lock ,the sensor is in the lock itself, when he opened it up it was just a little plastic spring that got jammed.He sprayed it with copper grease and said it shouldnt happen again!!! 60 quid was quoted for 20 min work but i suppose it had to be done .i told him if it goes again i will be back in and could he remove the spring altogether at no cost, and in fairness to him he agreed.
when i saw the inner workings of the mecanism it is fairly niggly.oh the french...
cheers for the replies folks

The switch pushes against the bottom corner pillar section. These switches sometimes dont push in enough to open the switch due to the door not being adjusted to close tight enough.Bet it goes off if someone pushes the door from outside. Try adjusting door plate.

To avoid cost of a new switch a placed a small amount of epoxy over the end of the switch to make it a few mills longer. Worked ever since.

Back