Double garage size

pd2006

Hi

Looking to get plans done next week for a double garage. basically what is the size of a double garage lenght and width wise. any help would be great.

Firstly, is there a limit on how big you can go? If not, work out what you want to get in to it, ie, one car or two (if any - some people never garage their cars, regardless!) and what else you will need space for, eg, a workbench, 5 bicycles, a ride-on lawnmower, garden furniture, etc. My advice would be to make it as big as you can possibly get away with (within reason) as it will have much more value and scope for use in the future, and if you find out later that its getting tight for space, it will be very difficult to make it bigger. You will always fill it with stuff you don't want in the house. Also consider planning for a decent loft space for storage. GO LARGE!!

I haven't built yet but have went for a loft upstairs. It's a good way of getting some extra storage space and only takes an extra few rows of blocks. Size I went with is 8.7M long x 6.4M wide x 7.13M high. I have only a single garage door so it's not a double garage as such but will have wood pellet boiler, toilet, etc.

Back