Donaghmede (Priory Hall)

Re: Buying in Donaghmede area (Priory Hall)

I see that the next phase of these apartments went on sale a few weeks ago and I think they've shifted quite a few of them. The prices seemed reasonable given the current demand in the market. I heard about the article too...and the shootings !! I've now been to check out the area etc and all looks fine, thinking seriously about buying...

Shaunsy said:
I see that the next phase of these apartments went on sale a few weeks ago and I think they've shifted quite a few of them. The prices seemed reasonable given the current demand in the market. I heard about the article too...and the shootings !! I've now been to check out the area etc and all looks fine, thinking seriously about buying...

You'd want to hurry up! Last time i checked there was a couple of 1 beds and 4 two beds left. And that was a few weeks ago!

Just read the article, i hadn't seen the one in the paper, i was just told about it. Didn't realise it was so serious. Fingers crossed they get it sorted ASAP. I might give the estate agent a buzz, will let you know what they say!

thanks bigchicken, i'd be interested to know what they said.

Shaunsy, i think the only ones left if there is any are ground floor apartments

I spoke to the estate agent. They didn't have too much information, they just said that there was an accident and an investigation is on-going. The site will be closed for a minimum of two weeks and that will obviously affect the completion dates.

brilliant news:( ......thanks for the update

Hi there,

Myself and my girlfriend are buying in Priory Hall and we have been following the posts on this forum for a while. First of all it's great to have updates and to hear from other people who are buying.

I am getting a bit concerned about Priory Hall, we heard about the accident and also heard (a rumour) that the builders started the apartments with the wrong bricks and had to tear them down and start again! Incompetent would be too nice a word.

I have been seriously put out by the delays having to move out to Balbriggan with my parents until the apartment is ready, i work in Sandyford! nearly 2 hours commute each way. Anyone else been put out by the delays?

Some good news is the proposed redevelopment of Fr. Collins Park, i saw the plans in Donaghmede library and it looks impressive. It will have a lake and promenade, a running track, several playing pitches and it will all be powered by wind generators!

I'm renting in Dublin anyway so any delays don't bother me too much. In fact it gives me plenty of time to save!

Does anyone know if the builders have started work on the site again yet?

Also, for those of you that bought in the first phase, how long was it between when you paid the booking deposit and signed the contracts? I paid the deposit 4 weeks ago this week and theres still no sign of contracts.

good question, I am in the same boat with another property development. wasnt in a hurry as I was awaiting mortgage approval but now I'm wondering whats going on! maybe its normal for new developments? I'm an FTB so its all new to me

i've been keeping a eye on the site over the last week. There is a few blokes on site working on the builiding by the road. I was told this time last week that they are carrying out remedial works to comply the the HSA and they hope to be back working in 2 weeks max - so i'll let you know when they are

- dunno about the bricks story - hope its not true
- i can't remember how long it took to get the contract but i don't think it was too long a wait

Just thought i'd let ye know, the estate agent have said that the site is ready and the builders will be back working next week. Apparently it won't affect completion dates.

bigchicken said:
Apparently it won't affect completion dates.

depends which completion dates you were given;) I was told April/May 2006 initially, then August...then September and then heard some who bought under second phase were told October. There's no way a month of work lost in good summer weather hasn't effected completion dates.....but thanks for the update anyway bchicken:)

Yes I also heard it would be October for completion but there's a train of thought that suggests it might be closer to the end of the year...There didn't seem to be much in the way of activity when I visited last weekend.

Shaunsy said:
There didn't seem to be much in the way of activity when I visited last weekend.

Thats because the site is still closed for H&S reasons. It's opening again next week.

I was told October for completion but to be honest I don't think they'll be ready before Christmas.

Its very odd, i don't understand why the builders don't just do it and get the cash. I'm still waiting for my contracts too - 5 weeks!!

Does anyone know what retail units are going in at the front of the development?

Hi folks,

I called over to the site the other day and was chatting to a builder. He said most of them are on hols but there is still some work happening. He asked which block i'd bought in and what I have been told about completion dates. When i said October he basically laughed in my face. He wouldn't give me a realistic date (didn't want to incrimate himself) but he pretty much said theres no way in hell it will be October.

Great news :(

....look on the bright side - the Dart station will probably be finished before we get in.....

Just reading through this now - havent been near a PC for 1 month. You cant say I didnt warn ye! Our estate has not been finished yet. Promised landscaping is not forthcoming. FCC are proceeding with another enforcement order. It is the only way Coalport seem to get work done.

Has anyone checked the contracts to see if the builders commited to a completion date in writing? As far as i know we are entitled to compensation if they did.

With interest rates rising and set to rise again our mortgage is going to cost us a good bit more because of these delays.

BigChicken, regarding completion dates, which block did you mention to the builder? We are in the north block so i was just curious.

Anyone used www.neighbours.ie?

I would be very surpised if the builders specified dates, i've never heard of that before and i would think that they wouldn't expose themselves like that! Its a good idea though i'd love to see it happen!

I'm in the south block wolrabp, although to be honest they all look to be at much the same level of completion at the mo!

Back