Domain Name & Email Hosting

picorette

I am trying to find a cheap, efficient company to register a new domain name through, and then to host my email address.

In the UK, this can be done for £10 / 15 but here the quotes I have for an .ie account & hosting are €94.95 from Host Ireland and €78.39 from Letshost.ie.
Host Ireland have a good name, so would anybody recommend going with them or have suggestions for an alternative.

Thank you in anticipation of your replies.

Hmm are you looking vistors from the UK or the states? I think it is cheaper in America $8.99 for a .com domain (godaddy) and $10 for hosting per month (hostgator). In the UK I've heard 1&1 is quite good one.

In the UK, this can be done for £10 / 15 but here the quotes I have for an .ie account & hosting are €94.95 from Host Ireland and €78.39 from Letshost.ie.

.ie domains are more expensive than many other TLDs such as .co.uk or .com, the main reason for this is that the IEDR(Irish Registrar) has strict rules when registering .ie domain names, this means that there is a higher administrative overhead for the reseller and for the IEDR as each application has to be checked.

The current charge for .ie domain names registered directly with IEDR is €65.00 ex VAT.

Carl
www.websites-ireland.ie

GoDaddy for domain registrations is fine, but the support for their hosting is slow, in the wrong timezone and they have an over aggressive anti-spam policy that generates too many false positives and they are unwilling to discuss whitelisting of particular domains. I recommend using an Irish company.

www.register365.com are currently offering a special - pay 39.95 a year for the hosting plan, and get a free .ie domain name.

They are also the largest Irish hoster, and provide 7 days a week phone support.

Thank you for your advice, everybody.
I signed up with Register 365 who were half the price of others, so here's hoping for a smooth journey....

Back