Doing DJ at a party with an ipod and sounddock

fogart

My friend has asked me to do dj at her 30th birthday party.She has a sounddock and an ipod full of all the songs that she wants played at the party.Is there anything that Im missing here.Couldnt I just make a playlist from her favourite songs and hit play and walk off....to enjoy party?The music is only to be in on room.It is that easy yeah?

The volume should be the only issue.....sounddocks are not built for continuous high volume use....Always handy to have a backup set of CD;s.

Yeah, a playlist is the only way to do it without suffering long silences as you look for the next track. Maybe put together a few shorter playlists, so you can switch between then depending on the mood.

+ 1

also - maybe your friend just wants to be sure someone is keeping an eye - otherwise pretty much anyone could change tracks during the night! Check with your friend if she is happy with your plan. I'm sure she will be :)

It won't be much of a party with just a sounddock!
Will there be many people, is it a big room?
Does she just want a medium level of music or some bangin tunes??.... :D

It won't be much of a party with just a sounddock!
Will there be many people, is it a big room?
Does she just want a medium level of music or some bangin tunes??.... :D

I think there is serious sound with the sounddock.She had it on in the garden and the sound was amazing.Her mates are all old fogeys anyway including myself.

Back