Dogs are for Life (Not Just for Christmas)

One thing about your posts, Purple , is they always have lots of information......and are always entertaining ...not always at the same time of course.
Keep it up..
I've had far worse said about me... today. :D

The thing about that is .....you probably expect it .... whether you like it or not :) . I imagine that it runs off you like water off a ducks back :D
Yes, on the surprisingly rare occasion that people give me reasons why they don't like me I generally agree with their character assessment. I can't get angry with a reasonable character assessment.

Tipperary woman who subjected dogs to ‘prolonged starvation’ sentenced to community service

The vet was of the view that this was the result of prolonged starvation.
One dog was immediately shaved to prevent it from over-heating, and it was found that almost 9pc of its original weight was hair that was removed.

A probation report was presented to Judge McGrath this week which suggested that the defendant was “at a moderate risk of reoffending”. The court heard that the accused was of very limited means and was only able to raise the sum of €150 towards prosecution costs.

Convicting the defendant, Judge McGrath ordered that she complete 100 hours of community service in lieu of a three-month custodial sentence.
She also imposed a disqualification order of five years from owning or having interest in any dog, stating that she felt that Ms Skehan was incapable of taking care of any dogs, at least for the next five years.

Has no money yet was keeping 4 dogs. Between vet bills and food, pets are not cheap. Clearly either had no insight or did not care.

Having a pet is not a human right - she should just be barred outright from owning/minding/walking dogs for life.

5 years will bring her to 56 which is practically a whippersnapper these days, so she will have decades of potential dog ownership ahead of her. Makes me shiver to think of the poor animals who could end up in her custody.

Tipperary woman who subjected dogs to ‘prolonged starvation’ sentenced to community service

Has no money yet was keeping 4 dogs. Between vet bills and food, pets are not cheap. Clearly either had no insight or did not care.

Having a pet is not a human right - she should just be barred outright from owning/minding/walking dogs for life.

5 years will bring her to 56 which is practically a whippersnapper these days, so she will have decades of potential dog ownership ahead of her. Makes me shiver to think of the poor animals who could end up in her custody.
I think part of the issue here was that she was not spending money on vet bills or food for the dogs. Agree though that the ban could and should have been longer. I do know one farmer who was convicted of cruelty and there was mental issues at the core of the problem so not always simple

I think part of the issue here was that she was not spending money on vet bills or food for the dogs. Agree though that the ban could and should have been longer. I do know one farmer who was convicted of cruelty and there was mental issues at the core of the problem so not always simple
We have amongst the most generous welfare systems in the world so very few families live in poverty due to economic issues. There is usually mental health and/or addiction issues at the core. I'm in no way dismissing the issues around pets I'm more concerned about the children and it's far harder to remove the children.

Back