Dog mistreated: Neighbour's large dog being kept in small garden with no exercize.

Re: Dog mistreated

Right finally got through to the relevant person. Apparantly there is nothing they can do as he has access to shelter & food. Tried to explain to him about owners going away for a few days. He has no rights over the dog and cannot demand that they walk him.
Fed up. Don't know what to do.

Right finally got through to the relevant person. Apparantly there is nothing they can do as he has access to shelter & food. Tried to explain to him about owners going away for a few days. He has no rights over the dog and cannot demand that they walk him.

Find a new home for it, next time they're away? :eek:

Re: animal abuse

why not ring spca and say he has no access to water/food in last few days and i bet they will be out asap

Hi

I posted a thread recently about my neighbours dog who in my opinion
is being mistreated. After finally finding the correct person to talk to they told me that there was nothing he could do. My question is there anything else I can do?

what is your neighbour doing or not doing to the dog,its best to speak to animal welfare officers for advice,if that gets no where, have a word with the owner yourself and see if that gets anywhere but it is always best to do something if you see or hear clear abuse as people who abuse animals are the samw sort of people who abuse children cowards.

Its great the amount of effort you have put in already and can understand how you are upset. Would the owners let you walk the dog?

I had somethinng very similar happen, when i noted a large dog cages in an industrial area behind my parents house. I got to know the dog, and when I met the owner, i was non confrontational, and had a chat about the dog, and he let me have a copy of the key so I could let the dog out for a run with my own.

I had contacted the ISPCA, and the answer was that as the dog had shelter, food and water, there was nothing they could do.

We do need to update legislation in Ireland. We have not banned puppy farms, unlike the UK, and now act as the suppliers of substandard dogs to Britain.

Wasnt it Ghandi that said you can judge a nation on how it treats it animals. If thats the case, Ireland is fked. Pets are even easier targets then children as they will never get to the stage where they can defend themselves.

Ridiculous laws protect pathetic people who mistreat pets. If you cant treat a pet properly (after adopting them) you shouldnt be allowed have children.

Hi

I posted a thread recently about my neighbours dog who in my opinion is being mistreated. After finally finding the correct person to talk to they told me that there was nothing he could do. My question is there anything else I can do?

Within29,

Please do not open up new threads to discuss topics already raised.

I have merged your two posts. Ive also expanded your title somewhat to reflect the question more fully.

aj

Re: Dog mistreated: Neighbour's large dog being kept in small garden with no excerciz

Hi
My neighbours have kept a large dog in their small back garden for the last 3 yrs.

It has never been taken for a walk & has recently been penned in further.

It used to cry but now it runs after its tail.

I am not a animal lover but I feel so much for this animal & I am guilty for waiting so long to do anything.

Please advise.
How do you know that the dog was never walked?

Re: Dog mistreated: Neighbour's large dog being kept in small garden with no excerciz

The dog is an Alsatian and really shouldn't be in a housing estate. I believe he has a serious behavioural problem & who would blame him. I have 2 children under 5 & I am not prepared to put them at risk by adopting or even walking him.He is too damaged but should be rescued. The person I rang was from the ISPCA.

Back