dog abandoned

manukev

i came home from work on friday evening and saw a dog sitting in the driveway,nothing unusual i suppose living in the countryside.when i got in to the house my wife said she spotted it early in the day,the kids were all excited about the new addition to the house.trouble is this dog is a work dog,about 5/6 years old and has been dumped at our house by some ignorant person who does not need it anymore.i have no space for it and cannot trust it around the kids.my wife phoned the gspca who are not interested then phoned the dog warden who said he will take him away but he will have to put him down. we are all very unhappy about this.any suggestions would be VERY welcome

thanks folks.will contact those two places first thing in the morning.nice to see someone cares even if the real owner could'nt give a toss

thanks folks.will contact those two places first thing in the morning.nice to see someone cares even if the real owner could'nt give a toss

Best of luck, hope it works out. Let me know if one of those places takes the dog and I'll send them the donation.

Count me in please - happy to make a donation as soon as required. Please let us know what the latest developments are. Thanks.

That makes Eur160 so far (assuming the OP wants to chip in as well!! :D )

How are u getting on manukev?

i came home from work on friday evening and saw a dog sitting in the driveway,nothing unusual i suppose living in the countryside.when i got in to the house my wife said she spotted it early in the day,the kids were all excited about the new addition to the house.trouble is this dog is a work dog,about 5/6 years old and has been dumped at our house by some ignorant person who does not need it anymore.i have no space for it and cannot trust it around the kids.my wife phoned the gspca who are not interested then phoned the dog warden who said he will take him away but he will have to put him down. we are all very unhappy about this.any suggestions would be VERY welcome

Could the dog have wandered too far and got lost (i.e. be strayed rather than 'dumped'?) If owners are 'dumping' mature healthy working-dogs then that's a new and very worrying trend. If you live amongst working farms could this dog (if it is 'dumped') find an appropriate home locally?

hi folks,problem solved temporarily,my wife contacted every agency she could.none of them could even think of taking the dog until end of january at least.however i had remembered doing some blockwork for a fellow who has a few dogs and he has room for this one and he may know of a friend who might be interested in it.as for the dog getting lost i have been told by the local farmers that a dog as healthy as this one would have no problem finding his way home even from a good distance.according to what i hear this is a regular thing.no one living locally wants him as they want to train the dog for their own particular needs.thanks for all the concern everyone

Where is the €160.00 going to now?

How's about we donate to an animal rescue centre, or something similar? Does any one have any thoughts on the best place to donate? seems great but am open to other suggestions.

How's about we donate to an animal rescue centre, or something similar? Does any one have any thoughts on the best place to donate? seems great but am open to other suggestions.
they seem ok.will chip in with 20euro also

Back