Key Post Does restructuring affect my credit rating?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Mods. In progress. I am posting it here pending a bit of research.
This question has been asked a few times, so I am going to start a Key Post on the topic.

Could someone who has restructured their mortgage please check their credit rating with the ICB and post the results

Introduction
You can get a general introduction to your credit rating at www.icb.ie

Any activity on your mortgage or other loans is recorded on your credit record.

These are summarised into a CBS Credit Bureau Score
There are two scores

|worst score|best score
ICB CRIF |330|550
GFS|300|850
You want as high a score as possible.

If you go into arrears without approval, your score will reduce and your rating will be damaged

Other indicators are used such as

• W : Written off
  • P : Pending litigation
If you apply to another lender for a loan, they will see you have a low score or a negative indicator and refuse you.

How long does the negative credit rating last?
5 years

If you reschedule your loan by agreement with your lender, it will be noted on your record, but your score will not be affected

If your lender agrees to reschedule your mortgage, an "R" (?) is marked on your credit rating.

If you apply for a loan at a later date to another lender, they may ask why you rescheduled it.

If you are in serious negative equity, they are probably not going to lend to you anyway.

My mortgage contract with PTSB entitles me to a 3 month mortgage holiday. Will this affect my credit rating?
If you take a mortgage holiday, it will be noted on your credit record for two years. But as pointed out above, it won't affect your score.

As user 95 A points out in this post

your record with ICB shows a running history of the last 24 payments on your mortgage. if you haven't missed a payment or had a moratoroum etc in the past 2 years your ICB will look like 000000000000000000000000. after your 3 month moratorium it will look like this MMM000000000000000000000.

24 months later and the Ms will no longer be on your record. if you pay off the loan early, the 24 month profile at the time you pay off is kept on your ICB record for 5 years and then removed altogether.

Back