Dodgy indicator

blinkbelle

hi,

my indicator bulb started ticking the other day (the front bulb was gone on the left)

So i went to a garage got it replaced no problem, now today it has started ticking really fast again none of the bulbs is blown so my dad opened it up and twisted the bulb and sure enough it worked again.

Now its on and off all the time and the ticking is driving me mad.

anyone know what could be causing this and how much to get fixed? Or could i fix it myself? dont wanna bring it to a dealer because there a rip of and crap service.

Re: dodgi indicator

There is a fault with the electronic device that controls the switching (can't remeber the technical name for this). On older cars this was a very simple fix but with a more modern car I'd be inclined to leave it to a dealership- with modern electrics, air bags etc. it doesn't make sense to go probing around unless you know what you're looking for. However this is a relatively striaghtforward repair and shouldn't cost the earth. I seem to recall that the legal requirement for indicators is between 60 and 90 flashes per minute, anything north or south of this is non-compliant AFAIK.

COuld be just some dirt or corosion on the bulb holder causing a dodgy contact.

Take out the bulb and clean up the holder.

Back