Docklands, Dublin, Residential Developments

beves

Any views on what it is like to live in any of the new developments in the docklands? e.g. is it safe to walk home at night, what security is needed etc.

Re: Docklands

I assume 'Docklands' is in Dublin or perhaps it is in some other town or city in Ireland. Its not a very appealing name for a residential development.

aj

ajapale - the Dublin Docklands Development Authority would be disappointed that someone had not heard of them and their wondrous works... Please see here:- http://www.ddda.ie/

The plans are very ambitious, and if it goes well, it'll be great, and an enviable place to live. If it goes awry, it'll be a dump. Hard to tell just yet.
There are several threads about it on the Irish thread of the Archiseek Forums:-
[broken link removed]

Either way, I don't think that personal safety would be a big problem, as long as you take sensible precautions appropriate to inner city living. Perhaps contact Pearse Street Garda Station for specific security info?

I work in the area and sometimes walk through it on weekends and at night. It can appear very lonely, quiet and sometimes a little desolate..very quiet indeed on weekends....however I've not had a problem at all...Most of the large companies have security guards in the lobby and I've seen private security presence as well as Gardai in the area on a regular basis...

Back