Do you use Dropbox? Pros, Cons, Tips, Ticks and Creative uses?

I suspect the OP might have sorted their problems out given the date on the original post.

But back to Dropbox - I use it all the time. Just started lecturing and we've setup a class dropbox for delivering lecture notes etc.

Another great use is I have my Calibre library in my Dropbox so I can access all my books anywhere.

Also check out their recent blog for getting loads of free space.

[broken link removed]

I suspect the OP might have sorted their problems out given the date on the original post.

But back to Dropbox - I use it all the time. Just started lecturing and we've setup a class dropbox for delivering lecture notes etc.

Another great use is I have my Calibre library in my Dropbox so I can access all my books anywhere.

Also check out their recent blog for getting loads of free space.

[broken link removed]

Tanks Nai. I certainly have.

I went ahead and set up Dropbox and also set it up for clients too so I can have access to everyone's files at any time. I still worry about the possibility of getting hacked as the information is accounts and finance, bank statements, staff payroll, etc.

However, all has worked well and I can access on my iphone and ipad so if I get a call asking how much did I pay for such and such or do you have a copy of a tax return letter, etc. I have instant access no matter where I am as long as there is 3G! I also have clients outside of Ireland and this allows them to have access to the accounts data which I backup to a shared folder each time I update.

I find it very fast and uploads are pretty much instant. Videos are a no no! My isp crawls if I try that. But in general all standard work files are immediate and it has replaced the need for servers within an office environment. I can copy a file on my desk and have it show up in the room next door instantly and Dropbox syncs over LAN so no worries about data usage.

Happy to recommend. :)

Back