Do you think this house is over priced for Affordable Housing

great estate, do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for it,

One thing to keep in mind, keep an eye on the clawback %, ours was to high and the council have had to reduce it by 5%

We picked 134 great estate, do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for it,

One thing to keep in mind, keep an eye on the clawback %, ours was to high and the council have had to reduce it by 5%

It's 295k, I don't know the clawback % yet, I was told it would be stated in the letter I will receive from Kildare CoCo. I'll keep an eye alright. Was the clawback on your house 20% to start with?

Yeah, but then the bank we're getting a mortgage from sent a fella out to do an valuation on the house, the council said it was worth 380 but the bank said it was valued at 360 which means they had to reduce the clawback by 5%. Alot of crap, but if it does happen,just ask your broker for a copy of the valuation report and send a letter into the council along with the report. Your phase wont be ready till Mar of next year, they'll fly up.

Managment fees are only 265 for houses which aren't bad condersing the estate is kept so well

Does the area suit you Carrieann? Can you see yourself being there for the long term, or is it just a foot on the ladder? If you plan on being there long term then the claw back might not be an issue and so you are getting the house at a good price and might be able to get a decent mortgage rate. If I really wanted to buy now I think 305 for a house that size in a nice estate in Leixlip sounds good to me but thats just my own personal opinion.

Also wanted to add that if you are getting a brand new house with all the extras for 305 in a lovely estate, I really don't see how it would make sense buying a house for 340k in the same area that needs loads of work. I bought a house last year that needed cosmetic work, we went for the area cos we loved it so much. I love my house and the estate is great but we have spent a small fortune doing it up. If there was a new estate nearby that I like as much and the house was cheaper with all the extras i know what I'd be going for.....

Last edited:
Back