Do you think holidays will be cheaper this year?

That villa sounds lovely, Lou2. Can you pm me the details?

I am thinking of going to Lanzarote with 3 others in May and we're looking at accommodation options at the moment.

i agree the price is good, ( when are you going ) not sure i like the idea of being stuck around a private pool with just the ex and the 2 kids........but if it means i'll get away, i have my ipod to listen to and glue them into my ears.

Can you tell us the company you booked with.

Yeah I booked with ocean club holidays. If you google them you'll get the address. I'm going at the end of this month but I see they have further offers on their website for later in the year. It might be a bit dull if you are going with an ex and also if you are going with kids as they obviously won't have other kids to play with by the pool and you won't have any other adult company! I am purely going to veg out with a book/ipod by the pool...just looking for relaxation for this holiday, not entertainment!

dull!!!!! it will be bloody painful going with the ex and having only him as company lol but we do it for the kids not for us. Last year was great we met up with a few other couples that had teenagers is was brilliant, they loved my kids ( only had 2 weeks to put up with them lol ) and would regulary keep them entertained or take them to the beach. The guys went of to explore ( meaning they went on a pub crawl ) and us girls sat around the pool or went shopping.....i loved it.

This is the only thing that is really putting me off getting a private apartment, i love just relaxing by the pool read a book and have a bit of gossip, and doing nothing apart from the odd boat trip, but if it is my last possible option i will do it.

I'll check into that company see what else is around the area... nothing stopping us getting the private apartment and just going to another complex where more people are, dont it before and they didn't mind.

statler -you seem to know much about the travel business. Am impressed. What the two giants -Cook/TUI -didnt say when they mentioned capacity filled so far is that the prices of seats sold were even lower than previous year. So, revenue-wise, i reckon they're doing far worse than their statements indicate. And in the last month sales have dived even further.
However, these are giant companies and will survive in UK and Ireland.

I wonder however about any tour operator in ireland that is owned by private individuals, has its own shops on which it pays high rents, is cutting staff-hours/pay, has cancelled much of its programme and is slashing its prices for holidays in next few weeks.
( Fortunately for the Irish public any tour operator travel agent licensed here is fully bonded and every cent spent is refunded by the government.)

Just thought i'd post an update on the Villa option i mentioned in this post. Got back last night from the Villa in Lanzarote and I have to say I will never again book a standard package holiday after trying the Villa option. The Villa was absolutely fantastic. So clean, spacious, quiet (but only 10 mins walk from centre of everything). Very reasonable. There seem to be some great deals out there if you shop around and bargain with the owners.

Back