do solar powered garden lights work?

• Thread starter icantbelieveitstaken
  • Start date
I

icantbelieveitstaken

Has anyone got solar powered garden lights and do they work, I'm not looking for something that I could read the small print on a legal document by, just something that provides a decent pool of light.

Wel yes they do. However in low light conditions in the winter months You may find that the batteries do not recharge enough during the day in order to light them up. In that case You may need to recharge the batteries yourself.

therwise though in summer weather, the recharging is quite good.

ninsaga

Probably varies from different solar lights available but the ones we have are crappy orange yokes which just use a LED. So be careful when shopping around. We took the plunge and went out to buy 12 mains powered lights for €40 in B&Q. Have yet to install them though.

The solar-poweed lights work to the extent that they can be seen at night.

Don't expect them to provide much beyond that, certainly not during the winter.

Solar Powered Lights

I have a friend who is self employed in the area of decking/landscaping and he says he would not recommend them to clients at all.

Because of the amount of sun we get, they never get enough to charge and usually end up like the crappy yellow yokes that father dougal says.

solar powed lights

we have a few but to call them lights would be incorrect in our case. They glow rather than light which is pretty but not much use overall!

Back