Do NIB have a switcher offer for tracker?

YouNeek

Do NIB have a switcher product for mortgages switched to their tracker product (i.e. not moving house - just wanting to avail of a better rate), whereby they cover or contribute to legal fees.

The only think I could find on their site was this:
[broken link removed]

I don't want a fixed rate, and anyway 28th Feb 2006 is long gone !!

Has anyone got a similar deal with them lately, on their tracker mortgage ?

I'd ring your nearest branch manager and enquire. Technically that €1,000-towards-legal-fees offer expired last February (it was €600, previously), but I'd imagine it may still be there for the asking...(?)

No point in asking a broker because NIB only deal directly through their branch network.

Hi YouNeek,
Similar situation meself ... Looking to reduce monthly payments ... Rang BOS and they're doing a switcher deal with 3.45% tracker for first 2 years and then 1% above ECB after ... Went into my current provider and they found this deal strange as they were taken over by BOS but couldn't match it ... The best they could do was 3.9% tracker ...
Anyone else out there that can throw some light on this one or did I miss something ?
Cheers ...

Are you thinking of Royal Bank of Scotland, rather than Bank of Scotland (Ireland)?

RBS took over Ulster Bank and First Active, but BoSI have just set up their own branch network by buying the ESB shops and converting them - as far as I'm aware, BoSI didn't take over any Irish bank.

I could be wrong on that one though!

Hi YouNeek,
Similar situation meself ... Looking to reduce monthly payments ... Rang BOS and they're doing a switcher deal with 3.45% tracker for first 2 years and then 1% above ECB after ... Went into my current provider and they found this deal strange as they were taken over by BOS but couldn't match it ... The best they could do was 3.9% tracker ...
Anyone else out there that can throw some light on this one or did I miss something ?
Cheers ...

This is from the BoSI site:

[broken link removed]

- No mention of € 1000 towards legal costs.
- Also, I vaguely recall hearing that you must stay with them for 5 years, or the 1000 is clawed back but again, no mention of that on their site (I may be wrong on that point).

Also from the BoSI site:

Why should I choose a Switch & Save Mortgage?

1. Lowest discounted tracker rate in the market: 3.45% for two years (max LTV 75%, APR 3.95%)
2. Longest discount period in the market.
3. Reverts to competitive Tracker, not standard variable rate (SVR) like other banks
4. Bank of Scotland (Ireland) pay your legal and valuation fees*

* Switch to Bank of Scotland (Ireland) and we will pay up to €1,000 towards your legal or title insurance costs.

This is from their FAQ section, which seems a strange place to put it, but there it is:

see [broken link removed]

NIB offer €600 towards legal costs and this increases to €1000 if you switch your current account to one of the 2 top packages ie. easy plus or prestige. Ring your local branch and they will go through the options with you.

Back