Disposing of dishwasher

Lulux77

Just wondering if anybody can advise me of how to dispose legally of an old dishwasher. I'm not buying a new one so it is not an option for an electrical shop to take it in lieu. I will be getting a skip bag to dispose of old timber, slates etc but not sure if electrical can be put into these bags. I've been told that domestic electrical equipment can be brought to recycling centres but I have no way of getting it there. Any ideas??

There is people going around certain areas collecting such items for free. They in turn bring to metal recycle and get paid for it, You could bring it yourself if one was near and get a few quid for it.

Leave it outside your house with a "For Sale" sign on it. Should be gone in a few hours.

Just bear in mind if it ends up in a canal it is your responsibility , not that anyone is ever held responsible

If it is functional, you could try putting it on DoneDeal.ie, someone might not only take it but give you a few quid for it too. If it isn't functional, definitely try putting it on jumbletown.ie, people may take it for parts.

Back