disposing of an old couch

midland muck

Hi all,
I live in the Dublin City Council area and I have an old two seater couch which I want to get rid of as I'm buying a new one. I'm wondering if DCC waste have a scheme where you can dispose of such things. The retailer that I've purchased the new one from will not take it. I've looked on their website but can't find any info. I think Fingal County council do. If anyone has been in a similar situation I'd appreciate feed back on what you did.
Thanks

Hi all,
I live in the Dublin City Council area and I have an old two seater couch which I want to get rid of as I'm buying a new one. I'm wondering if DCC waste have a scheme where you can dispose of such things. The retailer that I've purchased the new one from will not take it. I've looked on their website but can't find any info. I think Fingal County council do. If anyone has been in a similar situation I'd appreciate feed back on what you did.
Thanks

I got rid of my old couch on Saturday here: [broken link removed]

Cose me 8 eurp (cost of bin tag) to get rid of it.

Well chuffed I was

If it's in decent nick, maybe give the St Vincent de Paul a ring. They might be able to find a deserving home for it

Check out Jumbletown.ie without a doubt, you wouldn't believe what people take from you!! Ive seen a toilet seat being advertised and taken the next day!

If its in reasonable condition and may be of use to somebody you could always advertise it in the Freebie section of the Buy and Sell

jumbletown is the way to go. I got rid of 1 item in 8 minutes!!

I don't think StVdeP take furniture anymore for some reason. too much hassle perhaps.

I swear by www.jumbletown.ie and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleDublin/ (freecycle). I've sucessfully shifted most of our hand-me-down furniture we got when we moved into our house, and stuff which was left behind by the previous owners. Also received quite a bit too. great way to help community and environment and also get rid of unwanted stuff for free.... :)
you'd be seriously surprised the things that people want/need and how far they are willing to travel to collect it!!

I had to get rid of an old couch in the past few weeks. St V de P wouldn't take it, but the Sue Ryder Foundation did for free. They're in the Golden Pages

Back