Dishwasher problem

daithid2000

Hi,

I woke up a few mornings ago to find that the trip switch for the sockets in my house had flipped. On further investigation I found that it was the dishwasher that had caused this. Has anyone any ideas why the dishwasher would be causing this (it is only one year old)? Or who would I call to get it looked at, a plumber or an electrician?

Thanks

A similar thing happened me only it wasn't the appliance that was at fault but the actual socket. An electrician is who you want whenever a trip switch keeps tripping.

GeneralZod said:
Perhaps you have something else on the circuit also drawing a lot of power.

I dont think it is that, as it went during the night, so there wouldn't have been much else on at the same time, as far as I am aware anyway.

Hi. Is it the trip switch (mcb, small switch) or the earth leakage protection (RCD, large switch which knocks out all the sockets in the house)?

If it is the RCD, then you may have a heating elementf fault. This is sitting in the base of your dishwasher and usually visible when you take out the trays. Check for visible damage.

Personally, I would recommend an appliance repair person as opposed to an electrician or plumber.

Reason being that they will normally carry such spares. An electrician will normally have to go and return with spares at your cost.

Sorry about the late response to this one, but would anyone know of any appliance repair person in the Enfield area?

Call the store where you bought the appliance and they will book a service call on your behalf with the manufacturer in question. If you have an unauthorised person 'tinker' with it this will invalidate your guarantee. If it is only a year old it will be fully covered and shouldn't cost anything to get sorted.

There are wires that run down through the door that can start to break due to opening and closing.

This can be seen by taking the cover off the inside usually a heap of screws around the inside edge.

Might be worth a look. Just be a little careful of the seal.

Back