Discussion Forums

SeanA

So hands up who is addicted to discussion forums. I find myself logging on a just reading. Also log on to boards.ie. Anyone know other good discussion forums?

Discussion forums are one of the greatest things the internet has to offer as far as i'm concerned. Great sources of what is for the most part unbiased info. Used to be a big fan of boards.ie but don't use it all that often now. Its just not user friendly. Basic requirements for a good forum -the ability to search the archives with ease; ability to track ones own posts.
AAM would be the one I visit on a daily basis. As regards others, I would visit for specific interests as whatever your interests are, you can be sure theres a good forum(s) on the subject.

It is actually not that easy to find good discussion forums discussing irish topics. This is a good one in that it is widely read and attracts lots of postings. However in general many irish ones fall flat because they don't seem to attract much discussion. A good forum where you could discuss irish equities individually i would like to see, maybe there is one but if it was good im sure i would have found it.

A good forum where you could discuss irish equities individually i would like to see, maybe there is one but if it was good im sure i would have found it.

Are you aware of ? I don't know how popular/active it is.

www.rollercoaster.ie is a fantastic resource for parents/pregnant women. Addictive but also very useful for people who often feel isolated or have no one else to discuss parenting issues with. I was addicted to askaboutmoney when buying a house... it depends on the stage in life you are at I guess.

Use to be a bigger subscriber to Boards.ie, but yeah not as user friendly, I think it tries to do too much.

politics.ie is generally good.
archiseek.com is excellent for architecture related discussion.
photographyireland.net if you're into that kind of thing.
It's not specifically Irish but periodproperty.co.uk is a great resource for renovation and restoration of old buildings.
thepropertypin.com is entertaining/informative but the AAM bashing is tiresome, it's a pity that discussion of the topic is banned here.

I think the reason AAM is such a good discussion forum is because it is so tightly moderated ... and yes, I am addicted.

Back