Discovery Cove, Orlando

TarfHead

We're heading to Orlando at the end of March and one of the items on the ToDo list is this park, specifically the swimming with dolphins.

Until, that is, we looked at the cost :eek: ! Nearly EUR 1,000 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Anyone know of a cheaper way of getting access to this park ? We've little interest in going to the other Disney parks.

Hi Tarfhead

I was in orlando in 2008 and I had an amazing time, Some of the people we were with went to discovery cove and they said it was well worth the money especially for the kids (they can always boast to their friends they swam with dolphins).When you say the other disney parks do you mean islands of adventure and universal, I highly recommend them and I recommend you check out busch gardens its probably the best park for the roller coasters , about a 45 min drive from international drive. I hope you have a fantastic time I wish I was going again.

they can always boast to their friends they swam with dolphins

We'll be doing the non-Disney attractions in Orlando, which includes Islands of Adventure. I had assumed the cost of Discovery Cove would be at a similar level to those, but boy was I wrong !

For that money, I'd almost prefer to take my chances with the ones in Killiney Bay :D !

Hi Tarfhead,

I'm going in April so I'm in the process of getting the various tickets myself. I'm not doing Discovery Cove myself but I know when I went into Attraction Tickets Direct in Harcourt St. to buy my 2 Park Bonus Universal Tickets and 3 Park Seaworld Tickets they tried to get us to upgrade our Seaworld Tickets to include Discovery Cove.

He said it only works out about an extra €100 to do it and it includes food and drinks all day in the park so you save on that too. I checked their website and there are 2 different tickets on offer for DC - Choice and Ultimate. Choice is €234 each and includes 14 day unlimited access to one of their other parks (Seaworld, Busch Gardens or Aquatica) or the Ultimate ticket for €269 which includes 14 day unlimited access to all 3 of the other parks.

I found if you find a cheaper price elsewhere they will price match it. My tickets were slightly cheaper on loveorlandotickets.ie but they only sell e-tickets you have to swap for real tickets at the parks. I rang attractionticketsdirect.ie and asked them would they match the price (as they issue real tickets) and they did. Pushed them on the freebies they offered too and secured the tickets for a 10% deposit so we don't have to pay straight away.

I got 14 day unlimited access to Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, Citywalk, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica for a total of €207.

I reckon you could get Discovery Cove, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, Citywalk, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica for a total of €380 per adult and €369 per child if you can get them to match the loveorlando universal price. (€345 & €334 if you drop Busch & Aquatica).

I reckon you could get Discovery Cove, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, Citywalk, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica for a total of €380 per adult and €369 per child if you can get them to match the loveorlando universal price. (€345 & €334 if you drop Busch & Aquatica).

Thanks for that. I should have checked this thread before we went ahead and booked :eek: ?

We've gone ahead and added on Discovery Cove to what was initially planned. The cost is, I think, more than what you outlined :eek: :eek:.

Not to worry Tarfhead. You'll have a great time in the parks and soon forget what it cost. Hopefully the memories will be priceless.

i was there last week and i got 2 tickets to all disney parks for $110. cannot remember name of shop but it was beside tony romas restaurant on i-drive

Back