Directors/Excutive Pension Plan

kennyb3

Is there something similar in the market to an execution only PRSA (which I currently have)? I.e looking for 100pc allocation and lowest fees.

I assume no issues with having both? PRSA via work and then executive pension for small limited private income (putting all profit into pension)

Last edited:
I assume no issues with having both? PRSA via work and then executive pension for small limited sole trader income (putting all profit into pension)

There are complicated rules around the level of contribution your company can make to an Executive Pension plan relative to your salary from the company. The rules involve details of your length of service with the company, existing pension funds from other sources, retirement age, marital status etc.

There are also rules around maximum contributions for dual income scenarios like yours.

A sole trader and a company director are two very different things for taxation and pension planning purposes.

An execution only service is intended for people who don't need any advice. I suspect that you do need professional advice as what you're proposing to do requires you to understand the rules of both contributions to Executive Pension plans, PRSAs and how they interact with each other in a dual income scenario.

That said, it is permissible for you to have both.

Last edited:
Back