Digital Terrestrial Receiver to dish

kobam

Hi everyone

Quick questions?

Can i connect Phillips DTR210 to my satellite dish to receiver freeview?

If yes. What stations are likely to be on?

If no. Way out.

Thanks

No. Freeview is not satellite based. Anyway if you look at the manual you will see that this box only connects to a UHF (aerial) feed. It will not be able to deal with a satellite signal.

Are you sure that you're not confusing Freeview with FTA (or Freesat which is in the pipeline)?

Thanks for this information i thought they both work likewise. I connected DTR to dish and or landlord aerial but received nothing. Bought indoor freeview aerial but only allowed me to view 3 local tv stations in dublin.Very discouraging for its limitation.

Is this useful at all in Ireland?

Regards

I connected DTR to dish
As above I don't think that the DTR is going to understand the satellite signal (if there is one!).
and or landlord aerial but received nothing.
The aerial may not be installed/configured for digital terrestrial reception. Note that unless you happen to be within range of UK Freeview broadcasts then you will (may!) only be able to receive the Irish trial broadcasts. In both cases you will need a suitable aerial and receiver suitably installed to do this.
Bought indoor freeview aerial
Bear in mind that there is no such thing as a "Freeview" or "digital" aerial - an ordinary UHF aerial of the appropriate band(s) and setup will work. Lots of manufacturers are slapping "Freeview" and "digital" on their boxes to make a few bob from consumers' ignorance!
Is this useful at all in Ireland?
You are probably better off over here:

[broken link removed] > Tech > Cable & Digital TV > Terrestrial

Very discouraging for its limitation. Is this useful at all in Ireland? Regards
DTT is only on trial here and only in certain areas. There are many channels in the trial but you can only get the basic 4 unless you have one of the special receivers issued to the participants in the trial.

The non-trial hardware, such as UK-FreeView STBs, Digital tuners in TVs and other PC tuner sticks being sold at present will not be useful when a formal service commences as the new service will use MPEG4 rather than the MPEG2 used in the currently available receivers.

Back