Difficulty viewing pdf's from website

DeirdreM

On a website, if there is a link to a pdf document I just get a blank webpage. Sometimes if I right click the link I get an option to save the target and I can save the pdf document and then view it. Othertimes, if I right click I get an option to save the link. This is no good to me. Any help appreciated.

If a pdf reader is already installed on your PC you should easily view the .pdf pages via a browser. I suspect adobe reader or foxit is not installed on your O/S
[broken link removed]

There is a pdf reader installed. If there is the option to save as, I can save the pdf document to my hard drive and read the document but I cannot not click on a link and open the pdf document as I should be able to. I was hoping that somebody would be able to tell me about a setting on the web browser.

I was hoping that somebody would be able to tell me about a setting on the web browser.
It might be an idea to give details of the web browser you use (IE/FF/other), the reader you use (Adobe Reader x.x/Foxit/other) and any add ons which might be causing the problem.

I know I've got an add on for Firefox so that it auto prompts me to Open/Save As when I access a PDF file. I'm pretty sure I've also got one or two add ons that have some benefits for opening PDFs within the browser window.... but been a while since I loaded it/them so not sure of the details (and not on my laptop to check).

[FONT=&quot]I have Adobe reader. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am using Mozilla Firefox. I do not know anything about add ons.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I have AVG Free 8.0.[/FONT]

Is the problem related to the PC or the website? If you hit that website from a different PC, what happens? If you hit other websites with pdfs on that PC, what happens?

If the PFD file is from a later version of Adobe Reader than the one on your machine you will not be able to open it. Adobe Reader is now at Version 9. Check that your version is up to date before doing anything else.

Thanks everybody for your help. I updated to the latest version of Adobe reader and the problem is now fixed.
Thanks again.

Back