Delivery charges from IKEA to Galway

markod

Anyone know typical delivery charges for furniture bought in IKEA Belfast and delivered to Galway? Looking to buy a sofa and some other smaller items.

Any advice gratefully received...

Hi
I checked out delivery prices to Dublin (yes, I am aware is not Galway! But may be useful for price comparison).
The minimum cost for 2 pallets was £100 as far as I remember. You can fit quite a bit of stuff on two pallets, a large object like a sofa would fit on one, and you could fit quite a few smaller objects on the second one as well ie you could get a lot delivered for that price. It's worth it if you're buying a few expensive things, as everything is so much cheaper in Ikea.
Nicola

It seems to be £150 for 2 pallets to Galway. They charge £50 per extra trolley. See here.

If it's just a sofa and a few small things I doubt you'd be charged any more than £150.

Enjoy your shopping trip!

suggestion, u could hire a van from a rental company for a lot less than 150 pounds! good fun on a road trip too!! :)

The sofas are actually ordered and delivered separately, so I think you will have a delivery charge for the sofa and one for whatever else (min £150).

You don't pick up the sofas on the day they come from a separate warehouse/store.

Hi Fago,
I was up in Ikea some weeks back, and was wondering how much fits on the delivery pallets:I was shown one with a wrapped up sofa on it, due for delivery from the Ikea store, so I presume at least some of these products are delivered by pallet.
Nicola

I drove from Galwat to Ikea a few weeks ago. I can confirm that that they charge STG£100 per pallet. I suggest you rent a van in Galway. Make sure you use a Sat Nav to ease the journey.
PM me if you want any more info

I second Sat nav recommendation: I ended up in West Belfast, pitifully lost and very unhappy, after printing AA routeplanner directions and then getting lost because of roadworks! Wasn't very much fun!
Nicola

Back