Delgany to Parkwest

bagoftricks

Hi all,

I am thinking about the trade off between getting a much bigger property in Delgany compared to where i live at the moment in Sandyford.

I have one little girl so schools would be a big factor around the area. Any thoughts?

Also i work out in Parkwest, any idea of what the average commute would be on a daily basis? I usually leave at 6.30 am and come home at about 7.30pm. Has anybody being doing a comparable trip on a regular basis?

Also does anybody have any views on the following development?
[broken link removed]

I dont know the area very well at all to be honest so any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

All the best
Bag

Traveling at those times the traffic will not be that bad. If you're leaving at those times from Greystones you'll probably need to leave about 15 - 20 minutes earlier to get in at the same time. The traffic at the convergence of the M11 and M50 can be very congested from about 4.30 - 6.30pm. In the evening at those times it varies from quite bad to very bad. The NRA have no planned work to fix this unfortunately.

Delgany & Killincarrig are the best villages in North Wicklow. They're starting to merge with Greystones but their cores are as nice as they ever were. I prefer them over Enniskerry which is on the inland side of the N11 closer to Bray. Though they're very car dependent compared even to Bray or Greystones.

The price of that house looks like it's had a good rollback on what would have been asked for it in 2006. It looks like a good price to me. Delgany has also seen big reductions in prices. There was a second phase of a development there where the prices were cut back by €100k last year and the first phase people were on the national airwaves complaining about it.

Beautiful house but not much quality of life IMHO if you already leave at 6.30 and don't get home until 7.30 and the move will make this worse.

Moving from Sandyford to Delgany / Greystones would probably add another 30 mins to your commute each way, as GeneralZod said above.

In my opinion the negative of this is balanced by the positive of such a nice location close to the beach with good and improving local ameneties.

However, the house you have linked to is well below the current average cost of a 4 bed detached in the area; and it is so for a reason - that development is near, or part of, what I assume is a council estate - the surrounding area isn't as tidy as other areas of Greystones.

However, there are other choices - I think you can get 4 bed detached, smaller and without garages, for around €650,000 in Delgany Wood.

Hi Bag,

Just read your thread, we went to view that house some months ago... the house is fine, but it in the middle of a council estate and it is in a dreadful condidtion... and looks soooo rough... plus its in the middle of no where really...for €650,000 thats just amazing.... think of when you go to sell on later in life... you may not be able to sell due to this.....honestly wouldnt touch it in million years...

we are moving from sandyford too this August to a new 4 bed detached in Deglany, for about €750,000 + its a much nicer area. 1600 square feet, not over looked front of back... excellent allowances etc...

it this market with your money you can afford to be picky... plus that house is on the market since last sept... and they havent sold or reduced the price?? Thats crazy, we have looked at LOADS in the area and some have dropped by €100,000 plus......best of luck!!

Everyone thanks for all the feedback, Lady K thank you so much for your advice. You make a lot of sense, i had planned to go and see it but everyone's advice i think i will pass. Cheers the hunt goes on.

All the best
John

Hi John,

Best of luck!!

try cherry glade in delgany.. its a new development... they have four beds for sale.... for about €750,000... but remember thats only the "asking price" you could offer 650,00 if you wanted... you never know they might accept!! Also there a four bed in Drummin Rise think its no 18...for sale €690,000 its been for sale for a few months, we went to see it, id would say they would take 650,000.... much nicer area, all homes on the road area detached!! Just an idea for you!

All in all greystones / delagny is a lovely area, thats why we are moving... its crazy really, just as the luas line is on our door step we move to wicklow! But its the quality of life we are after... schools are good in the area, cafes etc are also good... nice beaches to walk on etc.. i could go on....

Well best of luck with your search!!

K

Back