Delays in rolling out vaccine

So, MM called Norway and they made up a story about blood clots while they were doing that he called Denmark and other countries to come out in solidarity once the Norwegians issued a statement on Saturday night. He then called the NIAC and they advised to stop using the Astrazeneca vaccine.
Those notoriously shifty Norwegians... and as for the Danes, sure they all used to be Vikings!

Ah yes, but the EMA is just a bunch of failed bureaucrats, so why would we listen to them?...

I know.
It would be like paying for the opinion of a doctor who has studied all the clinical evidence then ignoring it because you heard on the news about some other person in a different country who might have a different opinion but with any facts just a funny feeling.
Crazy isn't it ?

I know.
It would be like paying for the opinion of a doctor who has studied all the clinical evidence then ignoring it because you heard on the news about some other person in a different country who might have a different opinion but with any facts just a funny feeling.
Crazy isn't it ?
Scientists in a number of countries have found evidence which suggests the possibility of causality. The rollout has been suspended until that has been investigated. None of us here have enough information to offer definitive or even informed opinions on the evidence. We can only speculate on the integrity of those involved. That is reductive and pointless.

I know.
Crazy isn't it ?
I couldn't agree more.

We should really try to get a bunch of highly qualified people together, and make it their responsibility to make decisions like this. You know the type, highly qualified doctors, professors, etc.

If only someone had the foresight to set something like that up, rather than reacting to internet news...

Oh, wait a minute. Is that what these guys do?

None of us here have enough information to offer definitive or even informed opinions on the evidence.

There is a mountain of evidence to suggest otherwise.
It's why the WHO, EMA and countless other medical agencies around the world have declared the vaccine safe.
Ireland once again follows rather than leads.

I couldn't agree more.

We should really try to get a bunch of highly qualified people together, and make it their responsibility to make decisions like this. You know the type, highly qualified doctors, professors, etc.

If only someone had the foresight to set something like that up, rather than reacting to internet news...

Oh, wait a minute. Is that what these guys do?
You seem confused in your posts.
Is it the EMA which has taken months to study the evidence or NIAC who took a decision in Saturday night without seeing any evidence who we should rely on ?
I know where my money is going.
So does this feller.

Can you point to the evidence of that?

If one million people are vaccinated and their chances of death or hospialisation is reduced by 100% the risk of the catching Covid and the associated clots that go with it is significantly less than someone in another group of one million people who haven't been vaccinated and who have a greater chance of catching Covid.
The numbers of people being reported with clots after vaccine immunisation is actually lower that would normally be the case without Covid being around.

If one million people are vaccinated and their chances of death or hospialisation is reduced by 100% the risk of the catching Covid and the associated clots that go with it is significantly less than someone who hasn't been vaccinated who has a greater chance of catching Covid.

That's not evidence, just a repeat of your claim. Where is the evidence?

That's not evidence, just a repeat of your claim. Where is the evidence?

If you won't accept the very clear statistical evidence that a vaccine that prevents you catching Covid 19 and the clots that are often associated with it reduces your chances of getting blood clots then I'm afraid there's really no help for you.

If you won't accept the very clear statistical evidence that a vaccine that prevents you catching Covid 19 and the clots that are often associated with it reduces your chances of getting blood clots then I'm afraid there's really no help for you.

So you can't supply evidence to show that the vaccine has been proven to reduce the risk of clotting?

So you can't supply evidence to show that the vaccine has been proven to reduce the risk of clotting?

It reduces the risk of clotting because it virtually eliminates the chance of catching Covid which greatly increases the risk of clotting.
Is that really so hard to understand ?

It reduces the risk of clotting because it virtually eliminates the chance of catching Covid which greatly increases the risk of clotting.
Is that really so hard to understand ?

So still no actual evidence.

However, the above clearly demonstrates that you do not understand what is being discussed here. The clotting risk being assessed is the risk of someone who has been inoculated with the AZ vaccine against the risk of a someone who has not been inoculated, neither groups having contracted Covid.

Can you point to your evidence of the 'greatly increased' risk of clotting associated with Covid?

So still no actual evidence.

However, the above clearly demonstrates that you do not understand what is being discussed here. The clotting risk being assessed is the risk of someone who has been inoculated with the AZ vaccine against the risk of a someone who has not been inoculated, neither groups having contracted Covid.

Can you point to your evidence of the 'greatly increased' risk of clotting associated with Covid?

I don't always agree with the Gentleman but I believe a Canadian study has shown a 2% chance of Covid patients developing blood clots. So there is an increased risk.

However, what I would say is that a short pause to assess a particular risk is not a problem in my mind. I believe the concern is that clotting has appeared in younger recipients of the vaccine which may be different than the "normal" clotting expectations. And to be honest, a short pause during which the stock continues to be accumulated, won't impact overall timing as the delay can easily be caught up using the stockpile. As we have seen in this country, there is probably a more serious public impact if something was suspected and not acted upon.

I also suspect that if there is a known risk of clotting, all that will happen is that the procedures and protocols will be amended to monitor for that side effect and then the vaccinations will continue. It won't mean the vaccine be dumped. A bit like the "sitting for 20 mins" to ensure no allergic reaction.

I know it's a tangent - but for other reasons I have cause to take a certain medicine for which there are known side effects. I come across some people who say they won't take the medicine because of the side effects which I find very odd. NOT taking medical treatment has a 100% definite side effect (i.e. the underlying condition) that they never take into account. At least know side effects can be managed.

So I have no problem with a brief pause, I have no problem with continuing with the vaccine even if it is shown to have an additional risk (which can be managed) but I do think the vaccine brings benefits even if there is a potential side effect

There is endless amounts of evidence showing the associated risk of clotting with Covid if you could be bothered to do your own research.

' Overall, 20 percent of the COVID-19 patients were found to have blood clots in the veins, and among patients in the intensive care unit, that statistic increased to 31 percent. '

Back