Delay getting funds after selling hse

S

seller432

I sold my house on 8th May. As of today morning, I haven't received the funds. Is that normal? My solicitor says that the buyer's solicitor is reviewing the title deeds and will transfer monies when he is satisfied.

It is very frustrating but the vendor has 28 days in order to send the funds before you can do anything.

Same happened to us, vendor was 3 weeks late - so we sued him. (BTW I am not someone who does this all the time - but after making copius calls we found their solicitors to be negligant)...

Well a closing date is still a closing date. I understand that postal closings are quite common in rural areas as opposed to the old fashioned face to face closings ( which are far more satisfactory as everything is dealt with there and then). Closing is when there is an exchange of keys, title and vacant possession for funds. So did OP actually move out on 8/5.? In which case should the funds have been in place at the time ?

Check with the solicitor

mf

I don't know what OP means. I gave the keys to buyer thru selling agent on 8th May. The buyer's solicitor had the funds for period 8th - 10th May. Now my solicitor is waiting to get the redemption figures so that the account can be settled with the bank before handing out funds to me. Next monday seems to be the likely date when I can smell some euros.

OP= Original poster. But there should be no handing over keys until money is ready. And why on earth is your solicitor just looking for your redemption figures now - once a closing date is set up, they should be ordered about a week earlier.

mf

Back