Defined pension changes

Hannie

I was made redundant nearly 15 years ago and have been on Illness benefit since because of an ongoing medical condition. I had no correspondence regarding a deferred defined pension that I was part of since I left this employment until i got notification that the company is changing their pension from a defined pension to to defined contribution pension. The company is making a additional payment towards my fund . My question is .....I am now over 50 so can I draw down my pension after this deal has gone through. Will this effect my illness benefit and what are the options that would be offered to me. I am not talking about huge money , but at the stage I'm at in life the money might be attractive. Any advice on what my options might be.

If your illness benefit is means tested, the additional income may effect your benefits, if the amount you receive is over the thresholds (I don't know what these thresholds are, they're on the welfare website).

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

No my benefit isn't means tested thankfully so it shouldn't be effected. Is 25% lump sum taxed

Back