Deed of Covenant to a student

Honestcon

I have a daughter in University. When I was at college, my Dad was able to make a deed of covenant to me.
But it looks to me that this option is not available any more? Payments can only be made to over 65s and incapacitated individuals...

Am I right?

Done away with years ago, I availed of the same to my younger brother for years way back when.

I have a daughter in University. When I was at college, my Dad was able to make a deed of covenant to me.
But it looks to me that this option is not available any more? Payments can only be made to over 65s and incapacitated individuals...

Am I right?

Great days- how far £80 a month went back then!!

Any idea how does this work for incapacitated persons? Can you gift money annually to 18+ year old son? Would this reduce tax burden?
I remember the covenant years back but thought it was done away with

Am I right?
All the rage in the 80's. Horse long since bolted unfortunately.

A parent can support their child tax-free whilst in full-time education up to age 25.

And even beyond that, nobody cares, even Revenue, unless you’re enormously wealthy and acting the maggot.

Back