declaration of a commercial vehicle

T

THE LEGEND3

have been researching and am finding it difficult to understand rules on spec of comercial vehicle to avoid vrt.
i have heard that by putting a fixed panel at the back of the rear seats in a passanger jeep it may be classed as a crew cab and taxed commercially
any help please?

The area or volume of the cargo area must exceed the area/volume of the passenger area
I believe

This is one area where you are doomed to failure if you tinker with the rules. Simply putting in a panel in the back windows is not enough, you will need to have the back seats removed permanently. In any case I guess you will want to have everything correct for insurance and tax purposes so there is no better place to ask that the relevant Revenue authorities. They don't bite, actually they are very helpful even if they are telling you information you don't want to hear. Who knows they may be able to guide you to a good legal solution.

thanks for reply
i know that the rules have changed recently and that you need 3 pps numbers that are employed in the business if you want a com vehicle with more than 2 seats.
but i take your point and will enquire from revenue

Back