Decking Costs

rustbucket

Can anyone advise on what I would expect to pay for Garden Decking in Dublin?

Have about 3 metres x 7 metres (21 metres squared) That I would like to deck.

Just wondering what I should budget roughly

1. Materials only
2. Materials and Labour

Thanks

Last edited:
Apologies Im not asking for a tradesman or supplier or a quote. just wondering what would I expect to pay per m2? What have people payed in the past? Original post edited

Last edited:
I read lots of threads on Decking on AAM and there seemed to be a recurring theme of rats being a problem. Also the fact it could get slippy. I suggest you do a search and read the decking threads before deciding finally to get it.

Agreed.
One way to stop the rats is to 'haunch' the decking joists at the perimiter with concrete to seal it. No entry is available then.

Slippery: Keep it away from deciduous trees and scrub it once a year with a deck brush..

J

Rustbucket, I am planning on getting decking in my garden roughly the same size as yours. I have been advised it might be worth my while getting composite decking. It is more expensive than the standard decking but there is no maintainence with it and it is anti-slip. I have been told I could expect to pay approx 2.5K for that size.
Just something to think about.

Missed school the day they were doing meters and litres:)

But just got decking done, 27ft x 12ft sub, posts, joists and screws, 640 for scandanavian treated timber. Paid a chippy 150 to put down.

Rats? I'll use storm.

Slippy? I wont be out there till next summer!

Yes i too have heard that Fabled story about Rats and Decking,im afraid there will always be rats about the place decking or no decking.Just have plenty of poison to hand or else a good rat trap.We had a cheeky bugger of a rat who liked to peek in on us through the sliding doors.The Rat Trap was set and cheeky matey was dispatched pretty quickly.2.5 k for decking hmmmm someone covering Croke park????

Back