debt relief notice

belle1

Hi All

I am just wondering does anyone know can you be living outside of Ireland when applying for a debt relief notice or do you have to be living here?

I am planning to move to a non eu country to family members that have offered me a house rent free, I lost my job here in Ireland, am currently on social welfare which is due to end in september this year.

I have a mortgage here where we are meeting half the repayments but hope to rent the house when we go abroad to cover some of the payments. we have no jobs lined up over there but who knows what the future holds, if we stay here we have no chance of finding work so i would rather be in the non eu country with family,nice food, nice weather than stuck in ireland.

I have a debt of 15k personal loan which is going on for the last ten years and between been sick, losing jobs etc i have never managed to clear it.I am paying back 50e per month but will never clear it at that rate. The bank hve said I can pay that until may and they will review again then.

Does anyone think i would have a chance to even apply for this debt relief notice when if comes into effect?

Thanks for reading and look forward to responses.

Back