David Creedon - A great Irish photographer and artist

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I came across a photograph by David Creedon in the Irish Museum of Modern Art last weekend and it reminded me of a great exhibition he had in the Mermaid Arts Centre in Bray in 2008. I am surprised that he is not better known. His photographs are stunning works of art and he has set some of his slide shows to music.

Check out the following. They are all gems.

http://www.davidcreedon.com/media1.html

Thanks for that. Never heard of the man but the Cuba one brought back some great memories of my visit there a few years ago.

The Ghosts of the Faithful Departed collection is truly beautiful. They were homes that we've seen many atime growing up but he has captured something something magical here.

Thanks Brendan. Whilst I couldn't justify the cost of a photograph, I think I can stretch to the cost of the book. Those photos are so evocative of places long gone.

He was featured in the Sunday Times magazine a couple of years back, I remember some of the photos. Beautiful work, and the type of house I remember from growing up in the country. Each farm would have had a liveable version of what is pictured here, but many had older houses which had that ghostly feel about them; my grandparents house had a room like that, which was out of bounds as the floorboards were weak etc., and it was full of dust and old pictures, also old sheds with bits and pieces - like those old fashioned irons for clothes you see in museums now - they were pure mystery to us as children.
He is showing in Cork County Hall in November.

Back