Danske Bank Lending?

kennyb3

I noticed last night Danske bank have a 10 yr 5.5% fixed rate. Anyone know if they are actually lending? Given I could see the AIB SRV at this level in about 2 -3 years, this doesn't seem to bad. Also the BOI 10yr rate is higher at present.

You can get a .45% discount on top of that if you have a prestige account and get your salary paid direct to account. So would be 5.05% fixed for 10 years. There's a €125 fee on prestige account but it includes daily banking transaction fees. Also they only lend 70% LTV at the moment.

Anyone been given a mortgage by them lately? Is it worth applying? Been refused by ICS and AIB for reasons beyond my knowledge as we had done our homework!

Anyone been given a mortgage by them lately? Is it worth applying? Been refused by ICS and AIB for reasons beyond my knowledge as we had done our homework!

I think your clarification as to the true circumstances of your situation on the other thread have explained why banks are reluctant to lend to you / your partner - I doubt Danske Bank will see things any differently.

Which thread are you referring to bugler? I see no reason why my partner is not a good candidate for a mortgage, but perhaps I have missed something? My own personal circumstances are pretty dire, but my partner has excellent credit history, a salary of 37k, saves an average of 6 to 7k a year, and is seeking an 80k mortgage on a house valued at 150k. BOI have invited him to see them and seem stumped as to why he has been refused. Clearly I wold never get a mortgage, and would never waste my time applying!

Methinks that Danske are lending . . I drew down a mortgage with them before Christmas . . UB had also offered me a mortgage.

Thanks!

Trying PTSB, UB and BOI this week. If they all say no I reckon it is time to give up eh?
Well done you though!

Back