Damp walls -recommend someone in dublin 6/8/12

Newbie!

We have an ongoing problem with damp in the front walls of our house. We've tried to ventilate the room and used a dehumidifier but it's still there so I think we need to tackle the root of the problem. I have no idea who to get to look at this. Could anyone recommend someone in the dublin 6/8/12 or south dublin area?

This isn't really answering your question but we had the same problem with condensation on external walls even with dehumidifier running.

And while we looked at drylining or external insulation, financially it wasn't workable for us. We've used this product.
[broken link removed]

while not tackling the root cause of the condensation it did at least stop it from forming on the bedroom walls and I think warmed up the room a little too.

But of course if you are able to get the root problem sorted that would be the best option.

This isn't really answering your question but we had the same problem with condensation on external walls even with dehumidifier running.

And while we looked at drylining or external insulation, financially it wasn't workable for us. We've used this product.
[broken link removed]

while not tackling the root cause of the condensation it did at least stop it from forming on the bedroom walls and I think warmed up the room a little too.

But of course if you are able to get the root problem sorted that would be the best option.

can you point us to the BBA/ IAB/ EN certification for this product ?

are you sure this product doesnt just hide the damp / mould ?

Afraid I can't give any certification details but it is a breathable material.

It is far from an ideal solution but I'm fairly confident there is no dampness as the paper would be wet. I also had occasion to remove a section and there was no sign of mould.

[broken link removed]

Thanks coldcake, I will read about that product carefully and it may be an option. We still however would like someone to look at the wall and offer professional advice. Can anyone recommend someone?

I've seen mentioned before, but have no personal experience.

If your problem is anything more than minor condensation forming on cold wall surfaces, don't even consider the product coldcake recommends.

I've seen mentioned before, but have no personal experience.

If your problem is anything more than minor condensation forming on cold wall surfaces, don't even consider the product coldcake recommends.

Thanks Leo, I've contacted them. I suspect the job might be smaller than they are used to but we'll see.

So we got the Dampstore to call out and give us their opinion.

They said the problem's not that bad and a chemical pump would alleviate a small bit of rising damp and drylining the 2 affected walls would resolve the problem.

They have quoted €1800 for the drylining alone. This would be the two front walls in our 2 bed terraced ex-corpo house (living room and bedroom). Is this a reasonable price or should we shop around? We are going to get the chemical pump from them anyway (€250).

Also, we have heavy fitted wardrobes in our room and I just couldn't face removing them so will the drylining be effective if we only do the exposed wall (about 80% of the wall?)

Try Protim Sevices, no connection with the company, however worked with them on several large scale renovation projects previously.

Back