DAB radio not working properly

muffin1973

Hi all,

Bought a DAB radio last year and it was working fine for the first few months - got the All 80s and all FM stations. Didn't listen to it for a while, and turned it on last weekend but the only station I could get was 2FM? NO sign of the All 80s station, or any other FM station?? I haven't done anything to the radio it's just not picking up on anything but 2FM?

Anyone know if there is any way to fix this?

thanks

M

I get all the RTE channels but not all 80's etc.

Try moving to a different side of the house and re-scan.

Digital signals are not like FM, they cut out completely when the signal gets low.

When the service went officially live a couple of months ago some of the commercial stations dropped off it, e.g. Newstalk. Rescan and you should see the new lineup and if not try moving it and then rescanning.

When the service went officially live a couple of months ago some of the commercial stations dropped off it, e.g. Newstalk.

And on a related note, our new shiny MPEG4 digital TV service collapsed yesterday, thanks to Denis O'Brien pulling out

Bought a digital radio for €100, did not realise no digital radio in Kildare

And on a related note, our new shiny MPEG4 digital TV service collapsed yesterday, thanks to Denis O'Brien pulling out
The test is still going strong and RTE have to have it fully rolled out by 2012 anyhow. They'll have to just pick another bidder for the contract.

Is this all the digital stations I'll pick up with a digital radio in Ireland?
Yes.

With Sky i get loads....will I get these with a radio?
No.

DAB uses VHF signals from land-based transmitters, just like FM radio. You might get extra channels if the owners think its worth their while to pay the cost of transmitting from them.

Sky uses satellite, you need a dish and a satellite tuner (can be a FTA tuner).

Back