D4 hotel - €499 for a room on Wed 18th May

oldtimer

Is this an unreasonable amount to be charged? It is the night of the Europa league final.

They might get it.
Could be a top suite and official or President of UEFA has to stay somewhere
Or a corporate sponsor, there are worldwide corporations sponsoring this game and their top brass need a place in Dublin

In Galway, the Radission used to charge €450 a night for a standard room during race week and would get it no problem

They might get it but I thought those days were gone. We talk about tourism playing a major part in the economic recovery and yet when Ireland gets the chance to showcase itself, hotels decide to charge huge prices for the rooms.

And yes, I understand the economic arguments of supply and demand etc....

This is not a Irish problem. Prices in Cardiff for the Amlin & Heineken finals also bear no relation to other weekend rates.

I booked a hotel months ago for Wednesday 18th as I knew the Euro Cup Final was that night and I was assured tickets.
I got it for €82.20. Now as my nephew has an exam the next morning I am going to go up a day early and stay on the Tuesday night. They wouldnt allow me moved the Wednesday night booking so I had to pay a further €82.20 for the Tuesday night.

If they had any cop on they would have moved the booking and charged more for the room on the Weds but as they were more interested in not allowing me move the date the room will now be unused on the Weds night as I will tell them I am staying.

I dont see why they should be paid twice for the one room.

the room will now be unused on the Weds night as I will tell them I am staying.

You'll have to tell them you are arriving late. And even then the night porter may get a cut off time and then sell your room.

I sold many rooms to amorous couples in the early hours when I was night porter.

So if you don't check in, they'll charge you anyway and still sell the room

Of course

We had a lot of Mr & Mrs Murphy or Mr & Mrs Smith signing in at 2am after the nightclub closed
Must be common surnames

Back