D.I.D. - Lowest price guaranteed - but cheaper elsewhere

pator

Was in DID saw the original george foreman for €59 with a "lowest price guaranteed" slogan on it.

Same grill is €54 in Dunnes, and €53.50 in the hardware store up the road from the local dunnes.

I recently bought several kitchen appliances in DID, I put down a deposit, a few weeks later I paid off the balance. The day after I paid the balance I spotted 1 appliance for €40 cheaper in Powercity, I took a printout from the powercity site to them and they refunded me the €40 without any problems.

My experience was with a stereo. I'd been in Power City, Fonthill Road, and saw one I liked for €209. The same one was €219 in DID, Lucan. When I mentioned this to the salesman he said he could only match it if I got a written quotation from Power City. He said it wasn't policy to phone and check prices. Needless to say I left and went back and bought it in Power City. I doubt many people are going to go to the trouble of travelling back and forth getting written quotations just to get DID to match a price.

Imho, this type of promotion is dishonest and merely serves as an excuse for retailers who can't be bothered to keep their prices competitive with their peers. I walk away every time I see it.

Do they no longer have the "Double the difference" price guarantee?

Last year they had a stereo for Eur200. Dixons had a special on the same item for Eur100. So I purchased it in DID for 200, then went to Dixons and got them to write down the price on a docket, went back to DID and said "Ive just been to Dixons and look what I found! " So the difference was Eur100 so I got a rebate of Eur200 - i.e I got it free!!

No they dont have the "double the difference" deal any more. It stopped sometime last year. I used it several times must say it worked well for me.

In general I find DID to be the cheapest and their customer care is far better than PowerCity or any of the British High Street stores.

Dixons and Currys customer care is awful . NEVER buy an extended warranty off them as it is merely expensive toilet paper.

Last year they had a stereo for Eur200. Dixons had a special on the same item for Eur100. So I purchased it in DID for 200, then went to Dixons and got them to write down the price on a docket, went back to DID and said "Ive just been to Dixons and look what I found! " So the difference was Eur100 so I got a rebate of Eur200 - i.e I got it free!!

You could have kept going in and getting them free until they changed the price ! I do this all the time in Tesco - do unto them as they...............

tonka said:
Dixons and Currys customer care is awful . NEVER buy an extended warranty off them as it is merely expensive toilet paper.
I have to say that this is not my experience. I got a refund of €1150 on their 3 year extended care warranty policy for a 2 year 10 month old laptop which was intermittently faulty (and unable to start). This allowed me to get a brand new laptop for about €200.

Back