Cyprus - which part is nicest for hols?

PetPal

Would like to spend some time in Cyprus but have no idea what part to go for. We are a couple in our late 50s. We don't need nightclubs and 24-hour fun, but would like interesting/historical area, close to water, nice scenery, and close to nice restaurants/bars/facilities. Don't know whether to go for somewhere like Paphos or somewhere else. Don't know anything about these places. Also, should we use a hotel or a nice self-catering place? Do they have self-catering individual homes/cottages or similar? Any help appreciated. We're complete novices for that part of the world. In short, we want warmth, water, scenery, nice people, not too much noise (but some is fine). Thanks.

Limasol is probably a good spot, but beaches aren't as good as elsewhere. Aya Napa can be mayhem. Trips into the Trudos mountains are nice, as well as trips to Nicocea. You can aslo do sea trips to Israel, Haifa, Tel Aviv & Jerusalem. I passed thro Paphos but didn't spend any time there. There is a lovely beach which is supposed to be the birth place of Aphrodite. It's a lovely island tho, and if you hire a car it's easy enough to get around. One thing tho, I did find Cyprus more pricey than other Greek islands.

I didnt like Limasol at all. The island is beautiful but Limasol could a horrible beachy resort anywhere. Although, we weren't there for long, Paphos was nice. I've Aya Napa is beautiful if you can manage to just stay off the main strips.

Lefkara is a village on the southern side of the Troodos mountains. It's not on the coast but it's very picturesque and most of the Aya Napa 'crowd' never make it that far so it feels relatively unspoilt in comparison to the tourist strips.

Lefkara is a village on the southern side of the Troodos mountains. It's not on the coast but it's very picturesque and most of the Aya Napa 'crowd' never make it that far so it feels relatively unspoilt in comparison to the tourist strips.

Thanks Sophietk.

Back