Cyprus things to do and see.

Breffni Boy

I notice there is no link or discussion about hols in Cyprus. Any recomendations on things to do and see while on hols there this summer. Staying near Ayia Napa in Electra Holiday Village - any stories about the place itself good or bad?

Hope to hire a car for a few days aswell.
Thanks

BB

Went to ayia napa last june. lovely place. not as 'mad' and lively as i was expecting. lots of young people there i.e. 16-19 yr olds. didn't do much sightseeing - boat trip to famagusta(spelling!) the deserted city not occupied by the turks. very very warm in june 35 degrees most days. found the cost of eating out the same as here where as alcohol was expensive if you didn't want something watered down!

hiya we stayed at the Electra 2 years ago. It was good then, great pool, good enough restaurant and bar, about 15 walk to town, a little more by the coastal path but its lovely walk. Went on trip to Egypt (wow!), mad, different, still recovering! Also a couple of boat trips (nice pirate one with lots of drink and good 70's music). Town has tons of bars and restaurants, something for everyone I thought. Loved it very much but dear compared to say Spain. Not much cheaper than here but food was very yummy!! Didn't hire a car but would think the mountains would be brilliant. Check out
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/ for a good coverage of Cyprus questions. Weather was just perfect. We had been warned it would be unbearable but the sea breeze made it just lovely and we had in our group from 6 years up to 50 and everyone agreed it was brilliant! Enjoy yourselves!

See - there was a great water park near Ayia Napa some years ago. If it is still open, it's definitely worth spending a day or two there.

I wasn't impressed. Was amazed how many pregnant 16 year olds could afford the holiday. It depends on what your looking for. If your in your teens or going with young family it might be your cup of tea.

Back